Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Dog day afternoons

The border collies are creatures of habit, and they are time/daylight sensitive.

When our routine varies -- watch out!

Our morning routine is:

1. Wake up.

2. Get the newspaper and potty.

3. Get coffee.

4. Settle back into reading position.

5. Throw the ball.

They would happily skip steps 1 through 4 if the Chuck-It was in somebody's hand.

The past two days upon our awakening. the border collies have been sequestered in the den while I've been allowed to sleep late because I'm on vacation. It has not made them happy.

Lindsey gets dressed and goes off to work. I get up and I wish I could provide your the video of the border collies prancing for the ball the moment I wake up.

If you couldn't stand still for a big present you knew you were going to get while screaming, "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE"... Well, that might begin to describe the BC prance.

I comply and throw the ball until Roux, who doesn't play right, finally captures the ball and hides it under the sofa. Game ended.

Because we're gone all day, the BCs take big naps. After the ball tossing, they settle down.

I work all day in the house, occasionally letting them out for a break. I go outside in the afternoon and notice they haven't followed me. Not like my border collies at all.

They're both sound asleep on the sofa, basking in the afternoon sun. A true dog day afternoon....

1 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

button 125_125_1button