Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A special present for me from Petco?

You'll remember in an earlier blog note that LINDSEY, the love of my life, objects to dressing up dogs. Dogs is dogs and they shouldn't look like Elvis, he says, or something to that effect.

I had a reasonably growly day today, needed to contact the love of my life and he is out there traveling incognito. Since I am the only person now who calls him on his cell, it's not always on his body. Imagine that!

Late in the afternoon, we chatted and he explained: There's a bag on the kitchen table from Petco, and it has "SOMETHING FOR YOU."

Now, last time I checked, you couldn't buy diamonds at Petco.

So, I joked: "Honey, you finally bought me that special collar I've been looking at."

He said: "That's right -- the one with all the spiky studs."

For most of you dear readers, that is just too much information. But, the studs were not to be because I'm really not a stud kind of girl.

I really want to be a girly girl, the kind who wears DIAMONDS.

So I anxiously ran into the house, thinking there MIGHT be a slim jewelry box sitting on the kitchen table from my husband who loves me so very very much.

Hell no.

It was HOLIDAY COSTUMES FOR THE DOGS!

We've got a Santa hat and a pair of reindeer antlers. Pics to come. But in the meantime, I think I'll be wearing the antlers when Lindsey comes home tonight.....

2 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

You CRACK ME UP! Thanks for ANOTHER great laugh!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring the video back to the guys at work!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

button 125_125_1button