Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to all

This has been a long, hard year.

We have experienced extreme joy and extreme sorrow.

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita have ripped apart the earlier joys we experienced in 2005 as Anne and Jeff married, we went to England and then Jean and Mindy married.

Gumbo grew up and became a therapy dog. Roux came into our lives.

Yet, it's been an extraordinary time. We ache for the thousands of our fellow Louisianians who've lost everything.

This Thanksgiving, we are so grateful for our friends, family and pets. We are grateful and thankful for our soldiers like our friend Wayne. We hope our world will change for the better soon. And we hope everyone is safe and has someone to cling to in this uncertain world. That is our prayer.

2 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

I'm thankful for friends like you two! I'll always remember your helping me get set up in my first "single parent" apartment, coaching me through the politics of my first big job, and encouraging me through the baby steps of my writing career. I owe you a lot, and I remember your kindnesses often.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Dang, we love you. We are so proud of Wayne and we are so appreciative of Myron. I guess our best wisdom is something people don't always want to hear -- there IS someone for everyone and you will find that person if you're willing to let it happen.

We're glad that's worked out for you.

Encouraging writing was easy -- I was sooo worried that you'd be NOT good and I'd have to tell you. So many people have good intentions but can't produce. I think you found a calling and it's been great fun and very satisfying to me to watch.

Actually, we always think of you when we are faced with cleaning trout...

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

button 125_125_1button